Class Schedule for Yoga Gallery and Healing Arts in Winston Salem
October 14 – November 18
Wednesdays 6:00 – 7:30pm
Six Week Series: Yoga Class for Beginners with Sue Evans
Want to feel better, reduce stress, improve strength and flexibility? This class will prepare you for sun salutations, standing balance and seated poses and you will be ready to attend any of our 30+ classes per week.
Get your class card HERE.
Prenatal & Postnatal YogaPrenatal Tuesday/Thursday 5:30 pm
Postnatal Friday 11:30 am
Motherhood is a time of change, excitement and discovery. Let us assist you on your journey by offering a nurturing place to relax and bond with other new moms before and after delivery. After delivery return for Postnatal Yoga Class, to get back in shape, see your friends, and make some new ones.
Get your class card HERE.
Tuesday/Thursday 10:30-11:45 am
Sunday by Donation 4-5pm
Join us for a slower paced vinyasa flow ranging from gentle to mildly vigorous. The focus will be on synchronizing the breath with each movement. Moving at a slower pace allows you to hold postures for several breaths which helps to build strength and increases flexibility and concentration.
Get your class card HERE
Schedule - September thru December 2015
Items below in BOLD are workshops. For more info, please visit our WORKSHOPS page.
10:30 - 11:45 a.m.
Y12SR MEET and YOGA
Nikki by donation
Yama & Niyama Study
ALIGN AND FLOW
BACK CARE / RESTORATIVE YOGA
10/14 - 11/18
7:15 - 8:30 p.m.
9/9 - 10/7
9:00 -10:15 a.m.
10:00 - 11:15 a.m.
ROCK 'N ROLL MODERATE FLOW
11:30 am- 12:30 pm
10:00 - 11:30 a.m.
VINYASA WITH MUSIC & PHILOSOPHY
4:00 - 5:00 p.m.
COMMUNITY YOGA Courtney
9:30 - 10:45 a.m.
YOGA FOR STRESS RELIEF
3:00 - 5:00 p.m.
9/19, 10/17, 11/21
- PLEASE BE ON TIME – OR EARLY!
• BEFORE class begins please tell your teacher if you have a heart condition, are pregnant or have any injuries or health condition that may affect your practice.
• For your comfort, do not eat a large meal less than 2 hours before class.
• Use time in the studio before class to slow down, unhook from your day and go inward. If you must chat, chat softly.
• Be prepared to practice barefoot with stretchy, comfortable clothes. No heavy jewelry.
• Avoid using any scents when coming to class, respect those who are allergic and sensitive to perfume.
• Yoga is practiced quietly for the most part, but if you have questions, ask your teacher. Don’t chat among yourselves or look around to see what others are doing.
• Beginners: please start with Novice, Gentle, Level 1, Basics and Restorative classes.
• Most classes are suitable for all levels of practice, see class descriptions on website, call with questions.
• Yoga is all about attention – where you place it determines what you get out of it. Focused attention will help you prevent injuries. It will help you relax and experience every moment fully.
• Breathe! Smile! Relax! Have fun! Yoga should feel good!
If this is your first time attending The Yoga Gallery, please download the form below, complete it and bring it with you to your first class.
Release of Liability
Upon Entering the Studio:
- Plan to arrive 10 or 15 minutes before class.
- If you bring a cell phone make sure the ringer is off
- If you arrive early, please wait quietly until the previous class ends
- Remove your shoes before entering the yoga room
- Inform instructor if you have any health concerns or injuries