Class Schedule for Yoga Gallery and Healing Arts in Winston Salem
Summer Novice Series
Wednesdays, July 22 - Aug 26,
$100 for series if registered by July 1, $120 after.
Space is Limited
Yin yoga is a deliberate, slow style of yoga. It is a complement to active yang styles of yoga such as flow. Poses are held for longer periods of time than in other yoga styles —three minutes or longer per pose is typical. Besides stretching targeted muscles, Yin yoga poses apply moderate stress to the connective tissues with the aim of increasing circulation in the joints and improving flexibility. A more meditative approach to yoga, Yin aims at cultivating inner awareness.
Get your class card HERE.
Vinyasa w/Music & Philosophy
A smooth flow set to music with a topic of yoga history or philosophy from Yoga Sutras or Bhagavad Gita woven throughout. After a full, all-levels asana practice, the last few minutes of class are spent with a reading, brief talk, or pranayama.
Get your class card HERE
Fourth of July
9 a.m. Deep Stretch w/ Sue
Saturday 4 July
9 a.m. Mindful Flow w/ Kirtan
Sunday 5 July
10 a.m. Vinyasa w/ Music & Philosophy w/ Alyson
Classes resume as usual on Monday, July 6.
Do you have guests in town visiting? Bring them to class with you, and use your class pass for your friends & family.
Schedule - May thru August 2015
Items below in BOLD are workshops. For more info, please visit our WORKSHOPS page.
FLOW + YIN
Jeremy and Carri
BREATHING FOR HEALING
Carri by donation
BACK CARE / RESTORATIVE YOGA
Y12SR MEET and YOGA
Nikki by donation
7/22 - 8/26
7:45 - 9:00 p.m.
FULL MOON HEALING MEDITATION
9:00 -10:15 a.m.
10:00 - 11:15 a.m.
ROCK 'N ROLL MODERATE FLOW
HAPPY HOUR FLOW
Sue, Kathy, Marcia, Alyson
10:00 - 11:30 a.m.
VINYASA WITH MUSIC & PHILOSOPHY
4:00 - 5:00 p.m.
COMMUNITY YOGA by donation
9:30 - 10:45 a.m.
YOGA FOR ANXIETY
3:00 - 5:00 p.m.
- PLEASE BE ON TIME – OR EARLY!
• BEFORE class begins please tell your teacher if you have a heart condition, are pregnant or have any injuries or health condition that may affect your practice.
• For your comfort, do not eat a large meal less than 2 hours before class.
• Use time in the studio before class to slow down, unhook from your day and go inward. If you must chat, chat softly.
• Be prepared to practice barefoot with stretchy, comfortable clothes. No heavy jewelry.
• Avoid using any scents when coming to class, respect those who are allergic and sensitive to perfume.
• Yoga is practiced quietly for the most part, but if you have questions, ask your teacher. Don’t chat among yourselves or look around to see what others are doing.
• Beginners: please start with Novice, Gentle, Level 1, Basics and Restorative classes.
• Most classes are suitable for all levels of practice, see class descriptions on website, call with questions.
• Yoga is all about attention – where you place it determines what you get out of it. Focused attention will help you prevent injuries. It will help you relax and experience every moment fully.
• Breathe! Smile! Relax! Have fun! Yoga should feel good!
If this is your first time attending The Yoga Gallery, please download the form below, complete it and bring it with you to your first class.
Release of Liability
Upon Entering the Studio:
- Plan to arrive 10 or 15 minutes before class.
- If you bring a cell phone make sure the ringer is off
- If you arrive early, please wait quietly until the previous class ends
- Remove your shoes before entering the yoga room
- Inform instructor if you have any health concerns or injuries