"The great events of this world are not battles and elections and earthquakes and thunderbolts. The great events are babies, for each child comes with the message that God is not yet discouraged with humanity but is still expecting good-will to become incarnate in each human life." - Edmond McDonald
Pregnancy is a time of change, wonder, excitement and discovery.
Whether this is your first child or your fourth, let us assist you in making this pregnancy and birth a wondrous journey.
Bridget Orengois the mother of 2 toddlers, hairstylist, massage therapist, poet, dancer, philanthropist, philosopher and spiritualist....
The 17 years of being a licensed bodyworker, has given Bridget a deeper understanding of the anatomy and physiology of the human body, as well as different healing modalities from the east to the west. Her continuing study of massage led her to prenatal/postnatal massage, from there to attending births, and many midwifery courses and workshops.
Bridget took her first yoga class 17 years ago, weaving many different styles of yoga into studies and practice. She received her RYS 200hr from the Asheville Yoga Center and is enrolled in the RYS 300hr. She is humbled and grateful for the opportunity to serve as a yoga teacher and vows to always be a student on this great path.
Benefits of Prenatal Yoga
- Prenatal yoga will have a dramatic effect on your energy level.
- The flow of your breath will be easy and your circulation will improve.
- You will learn to adjust to the many changes occurring in your body.
- Your posture will become more balanced.
- The breath work will prime you for labor and childbirth by training you to stay calm when you need it most.
- Yoga will help you to focus on and experience your pregnancy in a deeper way.
- You will feel yourself becoming more grounded and deeply in tune with nature as you learn to relax, remove your uncertainties and open your heart.
- Prenatal yoga is a great way to meet and bond with other pregnant women and to become part of a community.
Sweet Update from one of our Yoga Moms
I try so hard to teach them the importance of a Sangha and I love it when it happens. Thanks for whatever you can do with it. Hope all is well with you!!!!
Our Newest Yoga-baby Mandala
Please download and complete the forms below and bring them with you to your first class.
What our students say:
Megan Metzger Experiencing natural labor was painful and very different than an epideral birth but I had no tearing and was able to handle the pain thanks to the birthing breath and envisioning your voice Judi telling us we were going to be amazing moms.
So while things didn't go the way I had planned or experienced in the past Emma Grace was perfect in every way and I have recovered quickly.
Thank you Judi for all you do. I know owning a business can be hard but you ARE making a difference in many women's lives. I can speak personally that my past two pregnancies and deliveries have been much more comfortable and easier due to the yoga techniques you have taught me.
Jennifer Mastin Thank you to all of you for all the support during our classes. Big thank you to Judi Maloy! I was complimented many times during L&D on my breathing and I know it was from practicing yoga. Ladies continue working your upper abdominal muscles!
Erin Meadwell Muller I attribute all of my yoga classes to 90% of my being prepared for labor and my super-easy recovery (hardheadedness gets the other 10%)
Ana Mota Lucas' delivery was very fast!! I was impressed!! My doctor was impressed with my progress and I want to thank you for all the help during my pregancy! I definately think Prenatal Yoga has helped me during the pushes specially with my breathing!
Emily Dunn-Verheyen I can’t tell you how much I think my yoga and exercise helped make my pregnancy, labor and delivery an easy and wonderful experience. I was in labor less than 9 hours and pushed for only about 30 minutes. My body recovered amazingly quickly too. Your prenatal class was wonderful, a highlight for me every week and I will recommend it to every pregnant lady I meet!
Melanie Clodgo Taking prenatal yoga classes really helped me get through my first pregnancy peacefully. It was great to have some "me time" to look forward to every week, and to know I was doing something so good for my health and the baby. I only missed one class the entire time when I was really sick and couldn't get out of bed! I had a very easy pregnancy, and I think the physical and mental benefits of yoga really helped. It was also a great way to meet other pregnant women and be able to share our stories. I will definitely be back if I decide to do this again. Now I am hoping Judi will add a post-natal class!! Well thanks for all the encouragement and advice during classes. By the way, you can also share that the Kegels helped - no perineal tear!! Hopefully Micah and I will be back for some regular classes when things settle down here a bit!!